The Everything Food story began in 2012 when founders Peter Balsells and Dan Doble – frustrated by the difficulty of manually doing any type of food comparison online or offline – began work on what would become the Everything Food database. Our mission is a simple one:
We believe in equalizing the food system by translating complex nutritional data into everyday language and providing shopping tools that empower consumers to access high-quality foods at the best prices, from stores they most love to support. Through our easy to navigate platform, we encourage story sharing, respect for diverse foodways, and raising health and food access opportunities for all.
About the Position
We are adding a full-time Front End Developer to our team. This position will focus on the front-end for larger upcoming features. Our tech stack has a separate Nuxt-powered VueJS SSR application for the client, and Elixir Phoenix as the backend API.
We’re looking for someone to have a strong background in VueJS, and lots of experience integrating with an API (not building the API, but strong familiarity with integrating with the API for state).
Technology Stack: Elixir Phoenix API, Vuejs/Nuxt SSR client, TailwindCSS, Elasticsearch, Heroku, Sanity CMS.
- 2 years of VueJS experience and experience with SSR + Nuxt.
- Strong background in integrating with a RESTish API.
- Familiarity with utility-based CSS is a plus (we’re leveraging TailwindCSS).
- Able to take a design from a Sketch file and bring it to life!
- A passion for learning, organization, communication, and for changing the food system!
- Remote is ok, but we do require US residency. Lead developer is in the US Central TZ, most of the staff is in-office in the LA area (Orange, CA). If you are in the LA area, you’re welcome to work in the office!
How to apply
Please email a resume, any projects you’ve worked on (portfolio), Github account link, and something you’re really excited about coming in Vue 3.