Rumie is an award-winning Toronto-based startup that is revolutionizing global access to learning resources by using low-cost, innovative technology to bring free digital learning to underserved parts of the world – from remote Guatemalan villages, Canadian Indigenous communities, Syrian refugee camps, and upskilling youth in East Africa.
Rumie’s approach starts with Bytes, microlearning courses comprised of high quality, digital content centered around 21st century skills. Bytes are crowdsourced from our corporate partners for different contexts and learner audiences. Bytes are designed within Rumie’s proprietary microlearning design platform (Rumie ByteBuilder), which allows volunteers to collaborate in realtime to create professional microlearning courses, without any instructional design experience. Rumie then works with on-the-ground partners to deliver the relevant learning materials to be used on any personal device that has web browsing capabilities. The Rumie solution collects usage and effectiveness feedback from learner behaviour. This allows Rumie and our partners to evaluate the effectiveness of the bytes, and iterate and measure learning impact.
Rumie is backed by the Silicon Valley accelerator that also produced Airbnb and Dropbox (Y-Combinator), is based at Canada’s #1 incubator (DMZ), and won the Google Impact Prize in 2017 and 2018.
Rumie is looking for a Vue.js Developer that will provide a significant contribution across all of our array of projects. Primarily focused on implementing product features into usable interfaces, with an eye on usability and intuitiveness, while maintaining development principles. Reporting to the Frontend Development Manager, the Vue.js Developer will need to seamlessly transition between our several frontend projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Help build leading edge solutions as part of the front-end development team
- Create and maintain user interfaces that are intuitive, and simple to operate across a range of different languages and user capabilities
- Contribute some backend support by writing Node.js functions
- Accurately estimate time and complexity necessary to build solutions
- Provide code reviews, feedback, and integrate components from other developers
- Support strategic plans through implementation of remarkable product
- 2+ years of professional software development experience in projects with the same technologies we use
- Must have experience with: Vue.js, Node.js, ES6, Git
- Good to have: Nuxt.js, Express, Firebase, TailwindCSS
- Ability to translate product requirements and user insights into practical user interfaces
- Understand and implement design principles
- Open to enhancement ideas and able to quickly alter development flow if needed
- Significant experience within a greatly collaborative software development team
- Great team player and can also thrive in self-managed and independent environments
- A commitment to Rumie’s mission and enthusiasm to contribute across any aspect of the organization
Why join our team?
- You will directly contribute to making learning free and accessible to anyone around the world
- We recently won the Google Impact Challenge and we were named the “World’s Best Social Startup” by Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Funders and Supporters include Y Combinator/Imagine K12 in Silicon Valley, WISE (World Innovation Summit for Education), and some of the most prominent CEOs in North America
- We are located at the Ryerson DMZ, named as one of the world’s leading startup incubators. The DMZ has free breakfast, coffee, fruit, and snacks… (not to mention Wednesday Pancake Breakfasts and Scotch Fridays)
- We’re an effective, creative, and resourceful team that maintains great camaraderie
- We offer competitive benefits, and a working environment that’s human-centric
- We’re growing extremely fast (in over 29 countries) and our products are on the leading edge of technology
How to Apply
- Please send your resume, link to your portfolio, and an outline of any noteworthy projects you have worked on, to email@example.com
How to apply
Please send your resume, link to your portfolio, and an outline of any noteworthy projects you have worked on, to firstname.lastname@example.org