MavTek is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to hiring and nurturing a diverse workforce.
Technical Lead (Front-End) – Profile squad
We are looking for a dynamic Technical Lead (Front-End) to join our e-commerce tribe. The E-commerce tribe’s mission is to elevate the engineering expertise, embrace modern development principles, and become best in class when developing state-of-the-art web platforms.
One main project for the year to come is the inception of KiWi, our next-generation platform for monetized content delivery that scales.
The Profile squad enables user to represent themselves on our platform. Profile is the hub for models and other services. They also follow domain driven design, event-driven, using micro-services and component based front-end architecture.
Since entering Montreal’s tech scene 7 years ago, MavTek continues to grow rapidly while the team forges ahead on a path of inventing change and creating real impact for our customers. We’re looking for a Technical Lead (Front-End) who is innovative, eager to own their success and energized by the opportunity to pursue a career that’s as challenging as it is rewarding.
At MavTek, we empower you to raise your voice, make a real impact not just within our fast growing company, but in everyday lives of tens of thousands of our customers.
What your day to day looks like:
• Mentor and coach other team members on old and novel front-end technologies
• Act as key point when it comes to technical decisions
• Collaborate with the Product team to develop user-centric features
• Contribute to development estimations and support product delivery
• Complete independently complex development tasks and actively contribute to pushing code to production
• Work with designers to optimize design and improve the user experience and translate it into code
• Deliver quality code, by conducting adequate automated testing
• Be accountable for performance, reliability, scalability, monitoring and resilience of at least one technical component owned by the squad in regards of SLAs
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
• Package and support deployment of releases
• Promote “Clean Code” and SOLID principles, TDD.
Are you right for the role?
• 5+ years of experience
• Good understanding of node.JS and back-end-for-front-end
• Experience building responsive websites optimized for several million daily page requests (an asset)
• Good knowledge with unit and regression automation testing
• Familiarity with REST APIs
• Experienced with GIT
What’s in it for you?
– Work alongside super talented and friendly people that like to drive innovation
– Competitive salary & vacation packages
– Complimentary breakfast and lunch daily prepared by our in-house chef
– Access to 24/7 on demand online healthcare service
– Generous referral program
– Year-round events, from massive to casual and everything in between
– Beautiful office right near Namur metro
You’ll be Joining:
We’re DJ’s, video game heroes, photographers, movie buffs, musicians, grill masters and everything in between. We’re fiercely proud of our teammates, our work, and the impact we’re making to help tens of thousands of entrepreneurs who rely on our e-commerce platform to monetize their content. If you’re inspired to do the best work of your life, then join the team.
How to apply
Make sure to apply and attach an updated version of your resume via : https://jobs.lever.co/mavtek/07c715ea-9afe-4cfe-a289-7be2df42e24b/apply