Sr. Full Stack / Lead Developer
CHICAGO, IL, USA or REMOTE
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Who We Are
We build technology that powers events of all shapes and sizes around the globe.
What We Do
RSVPify arms event creators with a powerful, end-to-end suite of tools to help manage events big and small. Hosting any event is a high-stakes proposition. We believe that the right technology solution can be a game changer for event planners and their guests.
RSVPify has scaled to become one of the most widely used event management platforms on the planet — among both B2B and B2C users. We’re building the next generation of RSVPify’s platform, and are looking to you to engineer innovative technology solutions that solve compelling business and experiential challenges.
Who You Are
You’re a natural problem solver. You’re excited by the prospect of solving complex problems at scale. You’re ready for a leadership role.
What You’ll Need
- Expertise in PHP and Laravel frameworks, with a strong understanding of advanced Laravel concepts
- Vue.js savvy
- Experience architecting scalable web applications and database designs
- Skills working in and leading agile workflows
- Strength and confidence in making critical decisions, working to inform opinions and change minds, and in driving technology and business teams toward collectively delivering great products
- Strong communication skills to interface with dynamic and fast-paced product teams
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high degree of focus
- A history of successfully growing people and products
- Passion in writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code
- A demonstrated ability to cultivate trust amongst remote teammates with diverse backgrounds
- A core understanding of user experience (UX) best practices
- Travis CI, Forge, Envoyer (etc.) experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) proficiency (or the ability to learn it, quick)
- An entrepreneurial, agile and fast-paced mindset
- Ability to work U.S. business hours
- A sense of humor, even if it’s a unique one (you’d be in good company…)
What We Offer
RSVPify offers a competitive salary and benefits package, paid vacation and a flexible schedule. We invest in you, with significant professional learning and personal advancement opportunities and involvement in the Laravel and open source communities.
You’ll be a key member of a small and dynamic international team. You’ll design and develop products that reach millions of users. And you’ll be an important sounding board for our sister companies and platforms, with the opportunity to work on compelling projects external to RSVPify.
Become an asset to RSVPify, and you’ll have an opportunity to join our senior leadership team and earn equity in the company.
We’ve also been known to have fun on (frequent) occasion, and hope you’re up for a little of that, too.
We are a lean but impactful team working across Europe and North America. Chicago is our home, but our team is largely remote and distributed. Particularly in the times we live in, we believe that flexibility is important in any role. The ideal working environment is wherever you channel your best ideas and code.
We view our geographic distribution as a competitive advantage, but we love to get together in the real world. Team RSVPify has recently rendezvoused in Belgrade, Budapest, Sarajevo and Chicago.
RSVPify is bootstrapped, cash flow positive, and on an exciting trajectory. Our founder, Ari Driessen, built the first version of the product back in 2013 for his own wedding.
Team RSVPify has since evolved Ari’s humble original concept into the preferred event management platform of thousands of bluechip companies, nonprofits and governmental organizations.
RSVPify powers 500k events a year across 50+ countries, and is ranked #4 on Capterra’s 2020 list of “Best Event Management Software.”