Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. The Northern California studio has created some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “Cars,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille,” “WALL•E,” “Up,” “Toy Story 3,” “Brave,” “Inside Out,” and “Coco.” Its movies have won 37 Academy Awards® and have grossed more than $14 billion at the worldwide box office. “Soul,” Pixar’s 23rd feature, opens in theaters on November 20, 2020.
Pixar’s objective is to combine groundbreaking technology and world-class creative talent to develop computer-animated feature films with memorable characters and heartwarming stories that appeal to audiences of all ages.
Pixar’s Studio Tools Department develops in-house proprietary filmmaking software used by the story artists, editors, creative, and technical staff who bring life to Woody, Bo-Peep and all of our other characters known across the globe. At Pixar, we are all a part of the storytelling process.
We currently have an opening for a software engineer who, like us, enjoys crafting and maintaining world-class tools. (The icing on the cake is that we get to do this in a creative environment where we celebrate a film’s release at least once a year!) Pixar’s Production Software team develops tools to support all of the studio’s production groups utilizing large quantities of production data for tracking, planning, scheduling and production automation as well as media tools. Our software touches every Pixar feature film and short at every stage of production. Our software needs to be reliable and robust in order to quickly meet changing production needs.
Our ideal candidate is comfortable both contributing to an existing code base and building products from scratch. They are excited to use their technical skills to solve problems. They have front-end web programming experience and are open to learning back-end and database access. Furthermore, they are an outstanding communicator, are flexible, and have a sense of humor. If this is you, we’d love to hear from you!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support film production by providing outstanding software and support
- Capture requirements by partnering directly with end users
- Design and code web solutions in a Linux or Mac environment
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse team of engineers and problem solvers
- Write automated tests & create user documentation
- Build, release, and maintain code
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Linux/Mac environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able to work well individually as well as closely with others in a collaborative environment of multi-functional teams
- Proven track record to deliver high-quality software in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Web development experience
- Knowledge of Vue (or quick learner); also React, Django, Git, Selenium, jQuery, Apache and Grunt
- Database experience (Oracle)
- Knowledge of film production pipelines & technology
Computer code generally ages quickly but at Pixar it is used to create films that last generations. Join us!
Pixar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We know our storytelling is at its best when we include, celebrate and embrace difference. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. | Follow us on Twitter @PixarRecruiting.
How to apply
Apply via Pixar’s Career Page here: https://www.pixar.com/careers-at-pixar