The Company — SigFig
We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer-centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or business to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team — Core Product, Atlas
We are building a platform that helps customers achieve their financial goals and ambitions by creating compelling, customer-centric digital experiences that deepen banking relationships and enable discovery of needs and delivery of advice.
SigFig Atlas is well-positioned to enable our partner banks to meaningfully connect with customers through increasingly digital and remote channels. Come join the team in the early stages of a new product line!
The Opportunity — Software Engineer II
You will have an opportunity to design, develop, and deliver software leveraging your technical expertise and grow in the breadth of technology in more than one area. Your strong design, analytical, and problem-solving skills will be crucial to our success.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Thoroughly understand the business model in relation to their current product focus area. Looks for opportunities to simplify product & technical design.
- Work collaboratively with product owners and the business on feature development, and communicate effectively with a commitment to be part of a successful team.
- Be an active participant in all phases of the development life-cycle of our applications including architecture, implementation, and maintenance. Develop elegant, resilient, tested, and secure applications.
- Provide thoughtful thinking and strategies in effectively resolving problems and issues. Takes ownership of incidents that fall in their domain and may be involved in the resolution of an incident or provide assistance to others on resolving incidents.
- Create project proposals and designs that have a considerable impact or touch multiple systems. Create technical designs that are clear, well thought out, and consider dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability, and ease of support.
- Approach engineering work with a security lens and actively look for vulnerabilities both in the code and when providing code reviews.
- Willingness to learn and experiment with new technologies.
- Use DevOps experience so that you can own an entire engineering problem rather than a single piece of code.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience using MVC frameworks, Laravel, and Symfony.
- 3+ years of experience with developing and implementing web applications.
- 3+ years of experience with templating engines like Blade or Twig.
- 3+ years of experience with microservices and REST APIs.
- 3+ yrs experience on DevOps tools like Git, Jenkins, Docker.
- 3+ years of experience developing and deploying secure web applications on the public cloud.
- A keen interest and drive to continuously learn new techniques and technologies.
- Self-driven, self-sufficient, actively looks for ways to contribute and knows how to get things done.
- Expert in using Test Frameworks and a good understanding of test-driven development concepts and supportive tools like Dusk and Selenium.
- Experience building API developer portal and content management solutions.
- A deep understanding of Vapor is a plus.
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming concepts.
- Experience in a major server-less development, including infrastructure.
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on the cloud, preferably on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or GCP (Google Cloud Platform).
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with Company Match
- $1000 Yearly Wellness Benefit
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We’ve raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.