Guidance Residential, LLC is a strong, growing company that specializes in residential mortgage lending. Our team members are a vital strength in our ability to grow and continue to serve our customers.
We are seeking a full-time Software Engineer to help lead our cutting-edge development products in the mortgage financing and real estate industries. You will work with our other in-house developers, and our team of UI designers to build applications that support our move towards new digital solutions and services for our customers.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated. We are looking for strong problem-solvers who can apply their engineering skills to a wide range of the platforms and environments we support. Communication is very important as you will be working with other developers and designers to complete projects on time. Involvement in the open-source community is important as well.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering and/or equivalent experience in a software application development
- 1 – 3 years’ industry experience in web-based development (Web apps, web services, SaaS)
- Experience in residential mortgage and real estate industry is highly valued
- Hands-on experience in creating solutions using MVC framework and multi-tiered architecture
- Passion to stay on top of the technology curve, including mobile technologies
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and ability to focus on results
- Ability to coordinate, communicate, and facilitate professionally and effectively within IT
- Ability to work in an agile development model
- Keen sense for cost savings, resource utilization, understanding dependencies, and planning
- Curiosity and self-directed learning
- As part of our relatively small team, you’ll have a lot of freedom to directly improve our products while experimenting with and learning new technologies
- Access to Laracasts, Laracon Online, streaming access to the annual Laracon US, and access to other self-learning resources
- Work with new and exciting platforms and tools, including Laravel 5+, Lumen, Vue.js, Composer, ElasticSearch, Redis, OAuth 2, AWS Cloud Services, GIT, Queues, Continuous Integration Tools, etc.
- Work for an experienced and proven leader in digital mortgage solutions
- 12 Paid Holidays per year
- Medical/Dental/Health Benefits, 401K, and Student Loan Paydown
- Paid Vacations and Sick Leave
- Fun, exciting, and comfortable working environment
We are not looking for contractors at this time; this is a full-time in-house position. We are open to remote developers given the right candidate. Our offices are conveniently located in Reston, VA and easily accessible from the Virginia, Maryland, D.C. area. We are located within walking distance to the Washington D.C. Metro’s Silver Line Wiehle-Reston Station, and we are also only a few miles from the Dulles International Airport.
Please include the following items with your application:
- Cover Letter (please briefly describe some of the projects you’ve directly worked on)
- GitHub link or portfolio
- Expected salary
Guidance Residential is an Equal Opportunity Employer.