What is Vue School
Vue School is the 1st learning platform for Vue.js, founded in late 2016. We’ve grown a lot since then and we have trained more than 70.000 web developers around the globe. Our teachers are core-members and industry experts that along with Vue.js they teach other top-notch technologies. Most clients (or v-friends) love our service and reach out for help, feedback, or feature requests on a daily basis. Our development team consists of 6 people, working remotely from all over the world.
We’re looking for a senior Laravel developer that will work on the core of our platform. Main responsibilities include maintaining our home grown SASS, developing new features, upgrading the system, and creating APIs for future projects. All our new projects are Nuxt Single Page Applications ? developed by the front end team.
This role comes with the possibility of becoming the lead of development.
You will be working closely with our team and take part in weekly meetings. We are looking for someone long-term that Vue School will be their sole job and care about the project and client satisfaction.
These are the technologies we are using today on the back-end:
- PHP / Laravel 5.7 / MySQL
- many 3rd party API integrations, including PayPal and Stripe
- CI/CD (Circle CI, Forge, and Envoyer)
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- 5 years of proven working experience
- PHP / Laravel / MySQL (senior)
- REST APIs (senior)
- Stripe/PayPal APIs (senior)
- Test Driven Development
- Experience with subscription business models
- Ability to plan a feature before implementing it and providing QA scenarios
- QAing your work sounds obvious to you
- Strong desire to learn new things and evolve
Nice to have
- Documenting code and APIs
- Experience with Code optimization and performance
- Working with multiple payment gateways (Stripe, Paypal, Braintree, Alipay, etc.)
- Understanding Vue.js code
- Experience analyzing and working with big datasets
- CI/CD (Circle CI, Style CI, Forge, Envoyer, etc)
- We’d love it if you develop/contribute to open source.
You should be able to work close to office hours CET (8 am – 6 pm) to collaborate with our team on a daily basis.
What we offer
- Work with cutting-edge technologies
- Competitive salary
- Budget for training/equipment/conferences
- Work on a product customers love
- Time to study and learn new skills
Please send us an email to [email protected] with your cv and:
- a few sentences about you
- why you would be a good fit
- target yearly income
- link to your Github profile, code examples, or projects you’ve worked on
We look forward to hearing from you!