Join a fast-growing company where you can do the best work of your career. Schweb is looking for a talented & experienced senior full-stack web developer with strong experience developing websites & mobile applications.
The ideal candidate with will have strong front & back-end development experience including working experience with modern frameworks like Laravel, ReactJS / VueJS , and/or content management systems like WordPress or Drupal, and iOS / Android App development are a plus.
As a full-stack web developer at Schweb Design, you will work with dozens of local small businesses & non-profits and join our current team of 12+ developers, designers, and digital marketers.
- 2+ years of experience with Laravel
- 2+ years of experience with React.js Vue.js or Angular.js
- 3+ years of experience with 3rd party JSON API’s
- 4+ years experience with SSH and GIT
- 5+ years experience in Full Stack Development
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Computer Science (or similar relevant specialization) or equivalent professional experience.
- Applicant must be able to commute daily to our office currently located in Leola, PA (near Lancaster, PA).
What will set you apart:
- Advanced experience with the Laravel PHP Framework
- Advanced experience of ReactJS, VueJS, or other MVC frameworks
- Experience with React Native iOS / Android App development
- Proficiency with Relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MariaDB/MySQL, MongoDB)
- Advanced understanding of popular CMS frameworks like WordPress and/or Drupal including custom theming and development
- Experience with Git version-control, CLI commands & related tools
- Website design experience and an eye for design.
- A related degree such as Computer Science, Web Development, IT/IS, or Website Design
Schweb is a growing business with exciting projects & work on the horizon:
- Hours per week: 40 +
- Work weekends? Optional
- Work with a team? Work will require both solo and team work.
- Average daily start time: 8-9am
- Average daily quit time: 4:30-5:30pm
- Holiday & Vacation pay: available with accrual over time
- Overtime and bonus pay available for hitting goals
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Must be local (Temporarily working remote due to COVID19 guidelines)
Responsibilities & duties:
- Write front-end code, back-end code, integrate with frameworks and APIs, and utilize CLI tools and configuration GUI’s as necessary.
- Build & maintain web and mobile applications and integrations for a wide variety of client types. Focus on creating an exceptional visitor experience and an efficient, maintainable implementation of functional specifications.
- Keep up-to-date with web development technologies and trends.
- Implement, integrate, and test attractive, thoughtfully laid out mobile-first web and mobile applications.
- Work with clients and business leaders to discover, define, and execute solutions that are scalable, maintainable, and cost-effective, including requirements analysis.
- Effectively estimate the time and requirements needed to develop a project to specifications.
Best things about this job:
- Flexible work hours
- Overtime available
- Opportunity to earn extra incentive pay
- Work with a wide array of clients and industries
- Collaborative team environment
- You will learn something new every day
- Challenging, unique, & daily-changing work
- Work rarely follows you home
- The opportunity to interact directly with clients
Worst things about this job:
- Rigorous work environment with focus on efficiency balanced with quality.
- Your tasks from day to day may vary greatly depending on the project(s) at hand.
- We are a growing small business with a small team. Our team is always learning new technologies and working to improve current methodologies.
Top qualities & skills we want:
- Strong attention to details and procedures; Ability to be analytical and thorough
- Strong ability to communicate efficiently with team members and clients.
- Strength in leading as well as working cooperatively with a team.
- Fast-pasted worker yet thorough and organized.
- Strong time management ability.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks across a wide range of client projects and industries. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Top attitudes we want:
- Being self-managed with a strong work ethic. You will not have a strict regular agenda or be told what to do each day;
- Work with a focus on efficiency. You will have the opportunity to set priorities and goals for yourself as well as our clients, which affect their bottom line.
- Appreciate a challenge and approaches it with commitment, earnestness, and enthusiasm.
- Have the heart of a teacher with willingness and ability to explain the how and why.
We believe in a team environment that promotes the ability to make a difference within not only our own team but for our clients and local community. Our team treats eachother with the heart of a teacher in an environment of respect, collaboration and dedication to excellence.
Your work space:
- You will be provided with your own work space, desk, & chair.
- You will be provided your own company computer
- Work on our privately managed production & development web server(s)
- Freshly-brewed, free coffee every day.
We believe work should be:
- done for a purpose
- fun, yet challenging
- a learning experience
- done with excellence
- done with the heart of a teacher
Schweb Design is a small, expanding web development, design, SEO & online marketing agencies in the Lancaster, PA area. We specialize in custom development as well as modern frameworks and CMS’s harnessing the power and flexibility of open-source for the benefit of our clients, while contributing back to the open-source communities however we can. We believe business should not be done with a closed fist, but rather that work & the experience/knowledge that comes with it should be done with the heart of a teacher educating, giving, and adding value to the lives & businesses of our clients. We believe websites are an investment and should be more than a hobby by making our clients money & increased profits and can be leveraged to give back to the local community.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Our team is currently working fully remotely and will be transitioning back in to in-office work for our team following PA laws & guidelines.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- CSS: 2 years (Required)
- WordPress: 2 years (Preferred)
- Laravel: 2 years (Preferred)
- React: 2 years (Preferred)
- HTML5: 2 years (Required)
- Drupal: 1 year (Preferred)
- PHP: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19