Knack is a no-code platform that makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to do amazing things with their data. We’re democratizing the tools to do useful things with data.
Hi, we’re Knack, a code-free platform used by thousands of customers — from non-profits to the world’s biggest companies — to easily build custom apps, workflows, and databases.
Keep reading if:
- You’re sick of Silicon Valley nonsense. We’re a 100% remote culture focused on a sustainable journey and long-term vision.
- You’re ready to take on the biggest challenges of your career, doing irreplaceable work on a product that is transforming how work is done.
- You want to do that work with genuinely good people who are as invested as you are in being a part of a great team and building an awesome product.
Still with us? Great! We’re looking for a brilliant front-end engineer to help us meet the enormous challenges around making it easy to do useful things with data.
And did I mention self-motivated and independent? This is a 100% remote role, with a flat culture that gives you the autonomy to define how you can do the best work of your career.
In this role, you will:
- Work with Vue and ES6 to build and maintain Knack product features.
- Propose and implement architectural approaches for new features and refactoring legacy code.
- Improve the quality and confidence of a complex codebase with tests, audits, and performance metrics.
- Code every day. Although we expect technical and product leadership, this is primarily an executional role.
- Be an inspiring and supportive teammate by participating in PR reviews, pair programming, active feedback, idea generation, teaching, learning, and in general being a delightful human being.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A problem solver. You aren’t afraid to go deep, experiment, learn on the fly, and do the work.
- Passionate about turning complex business requirements into working software that delights users.
- Experienced as a meaningful contributor to a complex front-end architecture at scale.
- Humble but opinionated. You have lots of ideas, yet you are happy to shift directions when a better path emerges. You take your work much more seriously than you take yourself.
- An active collaborator. You want feedback on your work early and often, and you get a kick out of a collaborative process because it challenges you to do better work.
- Engaging beyond 1s and 0s. You understand that empathizing with our customers, building relationships with your co-workers, and going deep on the product makes you a better teammate and a better engineer.
- Hungry for meaningful work, and space to do it. Knack is a complex product in a complex space and the work is extremely challenging – but also deeply rewarding. Knack makes a major impact in the work of thousands of companies and organizations.
- Front-end: ES6, Vue, Vuex, Vue Router, Webpack
- Components & Design: Storybook, Atomic design, Saas, Post CSS, CSS Modules
- Testing: Mocha Unit Tests, Cypress.js, Ghost Inspector
- Back-end: Node.js, Mongo, SQL, Redis, AWS
Knack launched in 2012 with one simple goal: to enable everyone to do amazing things with their data.
Knack makes it easy for anyone to build applications and workflows to make their data useful. Our customers use Knack to run their processes, departments, or even their entire companies.
We’ve been growing steadily since as we’ve built our team, perfected our product, and nailed our product-market fit.
So how are we different?
- We’re bootstrapped: we’ve had to build something our customers actually pay for. This changes how you do things.
- We’re 100% remote: and have been from the beginning. Every decision we’ve made has been based around optimizing our remote operations.
- We’re all a little weird: and we like it that way. We’re more than just chat avatars; we’ve all gotten to know each other, have grown together, and love working with each other.
- We enjoy the journey: we’re not chasing an exit or the next round of funding. We’re building something we’re proud of and want to keep improving on.
- About this job: https://knack.com/careers/frontend-engineer
- About working at Knack: https://knack.com/work-at-knack
- About us: https://knack.com/about