Rivalry is a startup uniquely positioned to disrupt the dated online gambling space. The founders and staff come from the gaming and esports scene and are now working their way into the betting world. This approach differs from a lot of operators who come from the betting world and see esports as an opportunity.
We pride ourselves on our endemic knowledge of the esports scene and aim to not just be the best esports betting site in the world, but much more. We are striving to have one of the most comprehensive offerings and product innovations for both esports and traditional sports betting. These include the gamification of betting (your favorite RPG game meets betting), MMOGGs (massive multiple online gambling games), and some other top secret ideas in the works.
Rivalry exists to grow esports, support the people that make up the scene and make matches even more exciting to watch, while being committed to responsible gambling.
We pride ourselves on keeping up with a modern stack, focusing both on web performance and developer quality of life. While we’re all working from home right now we’re still a team that Pair Programs often, holds regular standup and plays games together regularly. We are a rapidly changing organization and are always open to discuss what we’re focusing on and how we’re getting there. We expect that you’ll be a part of our feature planning, as well as helping vet our implementation options.
Your job will be to take ownership of frontend deployment strategies for our Nuxt.js Server Side Rendered Applications, improve performance of our applications and help create a testing strategy for frontend. The goal is to create a strong knowledge set to share with the team, while helping monitor the product.
You should have a strong understanding of the following:
– Vue / React JS (We work in Vue. React knowledge is transferable.)
– Knowledge of Nuxt.js / Next.js a huge plus
– NodeJS and Server Side Rendering content
– Performance Profiling and Optimization Strategies
– Asset Optimization (SVGs, image compression)
– Frontend Tooling (webpack, eslint, prettier, etc)
– Deploying node applications at scale (vercel, netlify)
– Design Experience is a plus
A breakdown of our stack:
– Core product API is run via Laravel, deployed elsewhere
– Multiple Nuxt.js applications we use internally, one large production app
– Translation into multiple languages with Lokalise and Nuxt I18N
– Frontend stack hosted on vercel
– Custom TailwindCSS Theme across all our apps
– Universal linting/formatting via prettier/eslint for the team
Some things that you would be working on:
– Revising our deployment strategy, optimizing for scale
– Improving our Custom Component Libraries for Vue
– Implementing frontend integration testing via Storybook / Cypress
– Our first MMOGG (gambling games!)
We want to make sure your salary is adequate to support your lifestyle. As an early employee, you will have the opportunity to earn equity within the company. All offers can be discussed and amended to find the perfect candidate for this role.
Our office is located in Toronto. The ideal candidate will also be located in Toronto. However, we will consider remote applicants +/- 3 hours from eastern time zone.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, love the challenges of a startup and want to be a part of an incredible company that’s positioned within the heart of one of the fastest growing industries, hit us up and let us know why you think you’re the best possible fit.
How to apply
Please include links to or examples of public code that you have.