Guidance Residential, LLC is a strong, growing company that specializes in residential mortgage lending. Our team members are a vital strength in our ability to grow and continue to serve our customers.
Reporting to the CTO, the PHP Software Engineer will work on creating new and supporting existing software solutions to the Guidance Residential portfolio of businesses. Follow rapid prototype and proof of concept approach in capturing business requirements and deliver deployable production-ready software applications. Engage in the full range of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). To be successful in this position requires intelligence, creativity, strong technical knowledge, quality consciousness and a passion for continuous learning. Collaborate with other members to provide an IT environment that is enjoyable. This position will be a perfect fit for a self-motivated and energetic person with excellent programming skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop software that delivers quality, performance, supportability and high availability applications. Engage in peer reviews of code.
- Maintain a good habit of documenting requirements, technical design and code.
- Research, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Make decisions on issues that need escalation and fully own issues until resolution.
- Proactively communicate with the manager and team on priorities, solution approaches and project progress status.
- The ability to interact with end-users, effective communication and collaboration with end-users is essential to success in this role.
- Collaborate with other members of IT and contribute to the overall advancement of the IT organization.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities..
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering and/or equivalent experience in software application development.
- 1-3 years of industry experience in web-based development (Web apps, web services, SaaS).
- Full-stack development experience in PHP, LAMP, Javacript, MySqL, jQuery. Other important skills to have – JSON, XML, Git. Ideal candidate will also have experience in Laravel, SugarCRM, AWS.
- Experience in residential mortgage and real estate industry is highly valued.
- Hands-on experience in creating solutions using MVC framework and multi-tiered architecture.
- Passion to stay on top of the technology curve, including mobile technologies.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and ability to focus on results.
- Ability to coordinate, communicate and facilitate professionally and effectively within IT.
- Ability to work in an agile-development model.
- Curiosity and self-directed learning.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, individual should have knowledge of database software, spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D, STD/LTD, Flex Spending, 401K + Roth, Student Loan Paydown, paid holidays, and vacation.
Guidance Residential is an Equal Opportunity Employer.