What we’re looking for
Clair Inc, a company based in New York, is looking for a well-rounded, team-focused PHP developer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code with 3+ years of experience in product teams.
This role is an opportunity to work on existing and new features, doing things the right way from the start. We put a heavy emphasis on legible code, a robust test suite and good communication skills. Join an Agile team that’s shipping features and products using modern practices and technology. Come work with other senior developers in a fun and close-knit environment, delivering great software!
Your main responsibilities
Working closely with the business and product teams to achieve company goals.
- Designing and building web application components and services
- Integration of third party APIs to achieve connectivity with desired services
- Learning, pairing, collaborating and otherwise helping to improve the development process
- Writing test suites to support your code
- In depth knowledge of web development, from the initial request to displaying the final result
- Full understanding of good practices with RESTful API design
- Ability to read and digest third party API docs and design integration frameworks
- Senior level knowledge of the latest Laravel framework (currently 7.x; yes we keep our framework updated!)
- OO Design and design patterns; must be able to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Ability to travel to team headquarters in New York City
Things we consider a plus!
- Experience with FinTech products
- Scalable software and technologies that support it
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda, Laravel Vapor, Telescope, Nova
- Common CI/CD practices & technologies, including ChipperCI & SentryIO
- Load and performance testing on existing systems
Clair is an early-stage startup that is focused on making hourly workers financially free. We allow employers to make financial services a benefit for their employees by giving them access to digital banking services, free access to their wages as soon as they clock out of work, and a suite of financial management tools aimed at hourly workers.
For more information, visit getclair.com
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.