Note: This position has limited remote work availability. Please see the “Who you are” section below for more details.
We are looking for a motivated to join our Tech Team at Sequoia Waste Solutions. You will work on production applications and have extensive interaction with senior developers on the team. Our tech department is the heart of Sequoia Waste Solutions, driven by the passion to develop the best infrastructure & applications to help businesses report on and manage their waste recycling. You will work on unique, data-driven and highly-scalable products and collaborate with developers who constantly challenge themselves to raise the bar and deliver value to our end users.
Leap to the next level in your career and help shape the way data is used to help business users make informed decisions.
Our Tech Stack
- LAMP with Laravel 5 and Laravel 6 web applications.
What you will do
- Work on high-scalable products with PHP7 hosted on a cloud-based infrastructure
- Build and provide internal & external RESTful APIs that ensure a fast & frictionless updating of our products
- Maintain and Expand the test coverage of our codebases
- Constantly challenge and expand your knowledge of reliable software architecture, programming and new technologies
- Work with agile processes that are adapted to the team’s and project’s needs
- Exchange your knowledge with other developers and be part of our team
Who you are
- Practical & recent experience with the Laravel MVC Framework
- Minimum of 2 years coding skills in PHP
- Technical understanding of RESTful API’s
- Previous experience with maintaining & querying relational databases (e.g. , MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL)
- Passionate about writing well-structured, efficient and maintainable code, actively keeping the quality of the code base and test suite in check.
- Understanding and/or experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Comfortable working in an English-speaking & agile environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States, available for work Monday – Friday during normal business hours.
About the Company
Founded in September 2011, Sequoia Waste Solutions unscrambles the confusing world of waste and recycling for our clients. We leverage proprietary IoT hardware, software, and control one of the largest databases of industry pricing to empower our customers, resulting in lower costs, more efficient operations, and a reduction in environmental impact.
Note: This position is based out of our Pittsburgh, PA office. Full time tele-commuting is available for this position if you are authorized to work in the United States and are available during normal business hours. Please inquire for more information.
Sequoia Waste Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.