The World Trade Organization (WTO) is looking for a talented, experienced and motivated software engineer who will work with us to build out our new data dissemination and reporting platforms.
As a Laravel developer, you will be working remotely with our development team to design and build an API data layer and Vue.js driven user interfaces. You will assist in the development of our user authentication platform, data API layer, as well as the tools to manage trade related data.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years PHP web development
- 2+ years working with Laravel
- 1+ years working with Vue
- Solid knowledge of design patterns.
- Solid understanding of database design principles and database programming with Microsoft SQL Server.
- University degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Working level of English with French or Spanish a plus.
An advantage if you have:
- Experience using Docker.
- Experience developing and deploying web applications to AWS or Azure.
- Experience with data aggregation from multiple sources.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience using OAuth or SAML authentication protocols.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to develop your skills
- Convenience of working remotely
About the WTO:
The World Trade Organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments. The goal is to help producers of goods and services, exporters, and importers conduct their business.
Over the past 60 years, the WTO, which was established in 1995, and its predecessor organization the GATT, have helped to create a strong and prosperous international trading system, thereby contributing to unprecedented global economic growth. The WTO currently has 164 members, of which 117 are developing countries or separate customs territories. The three official languages of the WTO are English, French and Spanish.
How to apply:
This is a short-term employment opportunity to work remotely on a contractual basis. The contract requires availability to work full-time for a period of 5 months. Regular working hours are between 8:30 and 17:30 CET.
If you meet the requirements listed above, please submit a cover letter and a recent CV to stanislav.velev(@)wto.org.
Job Type: Contract
- Laravel: 2 years (Required)
- professional software development: 5 years (Required)