Actual Size is looking for a local or remote full-stack Laravel developer, with enough JS/React/Node experience to be dangerous.
You’d help us support an existing education platform, implementing bug fixes and minor features, and building out APIs to help interact with external systems.
- Work closely with our designers, project manager/producer, and the technology director.
- Address incoming issues and feature requests.
- Optimize platforms for responsiveness and speed.
- Ensure projects meet established accessibility guidelines.
- Build reusable code and libraries for use now and in the future.
- Document code in-line and through READMEs and Wikis.
- Participate in code reviews and provide thoughtful & constructive feedback to other team members.
- Great at documentation — all your code is thoroughly commented and you make it easy for other developers to jump in when needed. You always make sure your code and instruction works before handing it off. You ❤️ READMEs.
- Excellent communicator — you can’t live without Slack, but you’re also happy to jump on a call every once in a while. When issues arise, you flag them early and ask for help.
- Craftsman — you take great pride in the quality of your work and appreciate the art and elegance of well-written code. Ensuring your workflows are efficient and magical is a pastime, and you’ve spent an embarrassing amount of hours styling your terminal. You keep up to date on modern tools, practices, and news in and around the web development world.
- Team player & solo artist — you’re equally happy working on a team as you are on your own. You don’t take constructive criticism personally, and are always trying to learn and grow. You can break large tasks apart into smaller ones, and pace yourself to complete them.
- 3-5+ years of relevant development experience
- Bachelors degree in related field
Actual Size is a boutique branding and digital design agency with 20 years of expertise in connecting with target audiences through print, interactive, content development, and video. We’re small by design and selective with our clients and hires.
Our home is in Pittsburgh, PA, but we work with national brands like the Ford Motor Company, the News Literacy Project, the Voter Participation Center, and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
We provide competitive salaries, medical benefits, and soon we’ll offer a 401(k) plan. Our brand new office is dog-friendly, and situated on Baum Boulevard in East Liberty/Shadyside (close to many restaurants and free on-street parking).
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $70.00 – $110.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Laravel: 1 year (Required)
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative