3 days ago, from Jora
We’re a multi award-winning technology provider for the events and conferences market. We are innovators in customer experience and for the insights, we provide to our customers. At the core, we offer a SaaS product to our customers with supporting iOS and Android apps. We call Sydney, Australia home but deliver our services virtually and in-person all over the globe. Our highly motivated team are responsible for delivering some of the biggest and best experiences and insights for large scale enterprise events.
We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced web application developer that has had experience in building commercial applications to join our Australian based, distributed and remote development team.
Skills we are looking for:
- Developing well-tested, modern object-orientated PHP code
- Building functional tests for each task
- Managing dependencies with Composer and NPM
- Building commercial systems using Laravel 6
- Engaging in daily standup meetings with the rest of the Product Team
- Contributing to technical discussions with the team
- Ability to investigate and highlight technical issues and concisely communicate these with the team
- Open to learning new technologies as required by our product roadmap
- Open to new ideas and differing opinions
- Able to work effectively in a distributed team
- Has a solid understanding of designing security-focused web applications
- As this is a remote role, you must be able to efficiently complete your work in your own suitable working environment
- Able to work by, or relatively close to the AEST (UTC+10) timezone.
Bonus Points: Bonus if you have experience with the following, but not required.
- Laravel Vapor
- AWS Experience including Elastic Beanstalk management
- json.api spec
Day to Day:
- Continuing to build our web application; adding new features or improving existing functionality (Managed through JIRA)
- Interact with Technical Leads and other developers for planning and support
- Peer reviewing work and providing constructive feedback
- Have a daily stand up with the development team and technical leads (Managed through Slack)
- Contribute to discussions and technical planning
- Start immediately
- Flexible on the commercial arrangement, could be permanent full time, contract or other (minimum of 30hrs per week commitment)
- It’s 99% remote because we catch up a couple of time a year for a friendly get together. We believe it’s important for remote teams to still have facetime and to build comradery.
- Send a resume if have one if not, a summary of your work / github links would suffice.
- Tell us about some exciting projects or side projects you have worked on and in what capacity did you contribute
- If you’re successful in your response, we will be in contact to have a phone discussion about your experience