Engage is seeking a full-stack PHP engineer to join our award-winning creative team. You’ll join the team to work on a large range of interesting projects for advocacy groups, nonprofits, membership organizations, and Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for an ambitious engineer that finds passion in learning and possesses initiative to enact change. You’ll be given the ability to shape development strategy, interact with clients, and provide creative solutions to interesting problems. We’re a tight-knit team that values collaboration and working together to solve problems.
The ideal candidate has at least three years of experience in the following areas:
- A PHP framework like Laravel or Symfony
- Database management, performance analysis, and database design patterns
- REST API development
- Fundamental understanding of automated testing
- Knowledge of code linting and PSR standards
- Build systems such as Gulp, Webpack, or Grunt
- CSS and SASS
- Git version control methodology
- Familiarity with PHPDoc and the benefit of good documentation
- System administration with Linux systems
- Understand concepts behind continuous development and integration
- Experience with accessibility standards
- Contributor to open source
- Interested in learning other skills outside development (design, UX)
This is a full-time position and you must be able to work on-site in Alexandria, VA (metro Washington, DC).
Engage is a full-service digital agency based in Alexandria, VA. With backgrounds in the White House, Congress, and Statehouses, our team brings their wealth of knowledge and experience to Engage to solve problems for Fortune 500 companies, national non-profit organizations, elected officials, and leading advocacy and trade associations.
Our mix of technical, creative, and policy experts have won hearts and changed minds, shaping and defining the digital space in D.C. and beyond. Our team’s thirst for knowledge and passion for problem-solving makes us innovators and leaders. From partner to intern, Engagers are committed to producing quality products and experiences for our clients.
We offer a rich benefits package including generous PTO, 401(k) match, commuter benefit, medical and dental plans, and a snack-stocked office to name a few! Engage is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please include your resume, code samples, a brief description of why you’re interested in the position, and a link to your Github profile and/or portfolio website. Even if you feel like you don’t meet every single qualification, we would love to hear from you. We are open to training the right person who has the right attitude.