We are an award-winning software business based in the North East of England. We are innovators in web-based applications for use in customer service environments. Products designed and built by the team have been used by brands including Orange, Barclays, M&S, Tesco, Ford, and Santander to name a few.
The business is fast-paced and high pressure at times but in return you can expect exciting and varied work. You’ll also be an integral part of the business, and you’ll be rewarded as we grow and expand – we have some great plans and we’re backed by some smart, savvy investors. Having achieved significant demand for our recently launched SaaS quality management platform, we’re looking to evolve and scale our engineering team to accelerate the delivery of our ambitious roadmap.
You’ll be a highly creative, self-motivated, agile-focused full-stack engineer for whom software development is a passion. You’ll need to be able to work well within a small team, and you will also be expected to work unsupervised at times to get the job done. We have a very open and honest way of working and we’re looking for someone who can communicate well with the rest of the team and fit into the EvaluAgent culture.
The role holder will be an integral part of the product-engineering team acting as an experienced developer supporting the team whilst owning and leading the development of key product functions and features. This role is remote, so you are ideally a self-starter who can manage their own work.
At EvaluAgent you’ll get to work with a lot of exciting tools & technologies. We rely heavily on;
- Kubernetes & Docker to schedule and run our services.
- AWS for all of our infrastructure
- PHP/Laravel – backend API services
- Jenkins and GitHub for our CI/CD pipelines
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 4+ years experience building web-based applications
- Experience of building an SPA with an API backend
- PHP (Laravel, Symfony)
- Version control such as GIT
- Working with relational databases such as MySQL
- Implementing and enforcing shared coding standards
- Writing effective unit and acceptance tests
- Providing estimates of effort for solutions
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services including Ec2, RDS, SQS, SES, S3
- CI/CD experience
- Experience working in an agile Kanban environment
- Experience of working remotely