At PowerSpike, our mission is to create the most compelling and streamlined destination for activating sponsorships within the gaming + esports community.
To accomplish this mission, we’ve built the world’s first Influencer Exchange.
PowerSpike’s technology enables brands to work with streamers for sponsorship opportunities just like buying an Ad on Facebook. PowerSpike takes the simple and streamlined experience of programmatic advertising, and combines it with the authenticity of influencer marketing to deliver instantly scalable influencer campaigns.
PowerSpike currently works with over 20,000+ top streamers and influencers on Twitch, and major Fortune 500 brands such as Intuit and Schneider Electric. The 5 year old company is backed by Techstars, Cox Enterprises, The Philadelphia 76ers, and Ocean Azul Partners.
Who We Are
PowerSpike is a media & technology company focused on building the most compelling and streamlined destination for activating sponsorships within gaming communities. PowerSpike collaborates with 20,000+ gaming and esports influencers to execute premium, authentic influencer marketing campaigns. PowerSpike’s influencer network reaches over 125M viewers every month and grew over 1000% in 2018. The 4-year-old company is backed by Techstars, Cox Enterprises, the Philadelphia 76ers, the Dorm Room Fund, and Ocean Azul Partners.
What we’re building
PowerSpike is building the world’s first Influencer Exchange.
Like a traditional ad exchange, where buyers can place bids for ads in real-time, PowerSpike’s technology instead enables brands to bid on influencers. We’re taking the simple and streamlined experience of programmatic advertising, and combining it with the authenticity of influencer marketing to deliver instantly scalable influencer campaigns. Think Google Ads meets influencers.
Currently focused on the gaming space, our technology enables brands like Intuit Quickbooks and Activision Blizzard to launch influencer campaigns across our network of over 20,000+ Twitch streamers, just like they’d make a media buy.
Your work will directly help influencers pursue their dreams and assist some of the biggest brands in the world in streamlining their influencer marketing efforts.
What we need
We’re looking for a dedicated, passionate, user-focused, and design-driven Front-End Web Developer to help bring UI/UX designs to life.
Working closely with the design team, and reporting directly to the head of development, you will be responsible for taking mockups and building them into working interfaces. The interfaces you build will directly shape and improve the user experience for the entire PowerSpike product.
We value learning, creativity, candor, and collaboration – and as one of the first people at PowerSpike, we’re looking for someone who can help us define our culture and processes for years to come. Simply put, we believe in hiring A+ people, giving them clarity in what success means, and then supporting them to their fullest potential.
- Developing user facing interfaces
- Bringing mockup designs to life
- Writing sustainable and reusable code
- Connecting various data sources from our own and external APIs to the user interfaces, both synchronously and asynchronously
- Ensuring feasibility of a design in collaboration with the design team
- Testing and maintain interfaces
- Ensuring scalability and adaptability of designs
- 3-5+ years experience in frontend development
- 2+ years experience with Vue.js
- Understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Understanding of implementation of Ajax requests and how to adapt an interface to asynchronous data
- Strong sense of design
- Experience with Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other related design/mockup software
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn new skills/languages
- Knowledge of Git
BONUS POINTS IF
- You’ve worked at a startup or attempted to launch your own startup before (even if it failed)
- You’re a gamer, streamer, or fan of live streaming platforms like Twitch/Mixer/YouTube Live
- You’ve worked on ad exchanges or advertising/influencer related technology in the past
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Medical Insurance
- Early access to new products, games and services emerging in the space
- Opportunity to be on the ground floor of one of the fastest growing startups in the gaming ecosystem
PowerSpike, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
How to apply
When applying, please include your resume, cover letter, and link to your GitHub profile.
Our Interview Process:
- We screen your application.
- Brief online screening assessment for role fit (max 30 min)
- Video interview with 3 members of the team (max 1 hr. 30 min)
- Brief code assignment
- Reference check