Carb Manager is the #1 diet and fitness app for people on low carb and Keto diets, available on iOS, Android, and the web. Altogether, we’ve helped over 5 million people lose weight and achieve their health goals. Carb Manager is a top-15 health and fitness app in the iOS App Store, with a 4.8/5 rating with over 200,000 reviews. We even have our own hashtag on Instagram, with thousands of enthusiastic posts.
And we’re growing rapidly! 2019 was a breakout year for Carb Manager, and 2020 is looking to be even bigger.
This is an amazing company to work for. We offer:
• The benefits of a work-from-home lifestyle
• The reach and impact of an established brand
• The energy and dynamism of a startup
• The stability of a profitable company with strong financials
• A creative, entrepreneurial, friendly, and supportive culture
• The ability to make a real, positive impact on the world
• An excellent salary
• Full benefits, including medical/dental/vision, vacation, PTO, and more
We’re looking for an exceptional front-end developer to join our product team.
- Translate our designs and specifications in pixel-perfect, responsive UIs
- Contribute clean, maintainable, efficient code to our codebase
- Participate in code reviews
- Review and refactor existing code
- Engage with our small, friendly, user-centric product team (PM, devs, and designers) on a daily basis
- Brainstorm new features to enable customer success
- Work efficiently on a variety of types of projects
- Provide technical leadership
This role is ideal would be ideal for a “product-minded” engineer: someone who can also dabble in design and product management, and speaks the language of user-centric product development with our PM and designers.
In terms of specifics, we’re looking for someone who checks these boxes:
- Extensive experience using Vue.js / Vue Router / Vuex
- Has used Firebase services, or similar, including Firebase Auth / Cloud Firestore / Cloud Functions / Hosting
- Experience with Node.js
- Unit testing experience (Jest)
- A pro at Git / Github. We use the Gitflow worflkow.
- At least 5 years of total software development experience
In addition, here are some desirable qualifications:
- Prior work with a remote team
- Contributions to the open source community
- Experience developing native apps (iOS or Android)
- An interest in nutrition in general, and Keto in particular
How to apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, and any relevant links, such as your Github profile, your website, blog, or any projects you’ve worked on.
We’d love to learn a bit about your ideal tech stack for web development. Tell us a bit about it in your cover letter.