Learn to code a social network platform powered by a Laravel API & built using a Vue Single Page Application
What you’ll learn
- RESTful API Development with Laravel
- Vue JS Single Page Application Methodology
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) with PHPUnit
- Front-End Design Using Tailwind CSS
- Build a Complete SPA from Scratch
- JSON: API Specification for Building APIs in JSON
- Integrating Laravel with Vue Router
- Authentication Using Laravel Passport
- Image Uploads with Dropzone JS
- Have a Local Development Environment
- Know The Basics of Test-Driven Development
- Basic Project Deployment for a Modern PHP Application
Building modern applications requires a specialized toolbox of skills and tools. We are going to be using Facebook as an example to build a social network platform from scratch. We will be using modern development techniques that mimic real-world team flow along with some added tooling to help aid with that.
Why did we choose this as the sample project?
Most students that take this course will know or at least have an understanding of Facebook. Instead of spending time trying to explain what our project needs to do and what the expected functionality needs to be, we can jump straight into writing code. This helps facilitate the comprehension of the new concepts we are introducing.
What if I am not sure that I have the skills necessary?
Will there be boring slides?
Absolutely not! Every video will be engaging, thoroughly explained, and straight to the point. Showing you every nook and cranny of Test-Driven Development using Laravel, Vue, Vue Router & Tailwind CSS. Who this course is for:
- Web developers wanting to build robust APIs
- Web developers wanting to level up their knowledge of the Laravel framework
- Web developers that are front-end developers wanting to learn back-end
- Web developers that are back-end developers wanting to learn front-end
Senior Web Developer
Victor is a Senior Web Developer with over 10 years of professional experience building web applications. He specializes in PHP / Vue JS and has held senior roles in web development, as well as marketing positions. Always one to dig deeper and polish from every angle, Victor’s teaching style reflects his deep understanding of modern web development topics. His ability to breakdown complex topics into bite-size lectures that are easy to understand and follow is one of the many things that makes him such a successful instructor.
Victor studied Music Performance and Computer Science at the University of Miami, where he followed a traditional curriculum of Mathematics and Programming topics in C and Java. Throughout the years, Victor has contributed to many open-source projects including the Laravel framework and is the primary instructor at Coder’s Tape, a free YouTube channel dedicated to teaching modern web development.
After just one course with Victor, you’ll be hooked to his teaching style and learning at an incredibly fast pace. No static screens or copy-pasted code. Every line of code from scratch, meticulously explained, step by step.