Full Stack Web Developer – Remote
SolidProfessor is looking to add a Senior Web Developer with 5 plus years experience building software in a team environment. The ideal candidate would describe themself as a full-stack capable developer with a preference for backend technologies.
Developers at SolidProfessor work in a tight team environment. We value cultural fit as much as technical know-how. We’re looking for someone who enjoys learning and can bring their skills, experience, and fresh perspective to a talented team that is always looking to get better.
To be successful here you should be an excellent communicator, be able to debate ideas in pursuit of the best solution and do so in a respectful and humble way. As a team we’re always open to new ideas, new tools, and new processes, so you should be comfortable in an environment that demands quick and constant learning.
This position is open to a remote or in-office candidate.
Solidprofessor is a company that teaches engineers and designers how to use the tools of their trade. We produce thousands of hours of on-demand guided tutorials covering a wide range of topics, and deliver them using our own internally developed learning platform. Our members include forty thousand (and counting), professionals, students, and anyone looking to build valuable skills in engineering and design disciplines.
Our office is located in Downtown San Diego’s Little Italy neighborhood where our team contributes to a fun, casual, and hard-working environment. We value innovation, ownership, excellence, and respect. If you’re interested in working with a team that shares these values, we encourage you to submit your resume. We’d love to meet you!
- Solve problems with an emphasis on producing scalable, efficient, and maintainable solutions
- Develop features from initial concept to production ready results, including backend, frontend, and database design
- Help define the processes needed to achieve organizational and operational excellence
- Learn and implement new technologies and help evolve existing ones
- Engage with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to come up with robust solutions
- Review code contributed by your peers and provide constructive feedback
- Take initiative in improving code for the benefit of the team, leaving it better than you found it
- Participate in sprint planning to understand the team’s goals and priorities
- Provide accurate estimates for the completion of tasks
- A genuine passion for coding
- Never-stop-learning attitude
- Strong understanding of programming and web fundamentals
- Experience building complex software and creating scalable web services
- Desire to help define and implement development best practices across the organization
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and provide constructive feedback to peers
- Laravel 6 server-side framework
- VueJS 2.X and supporting tools and libraries (Vue CLI, VueRouter, Vuex)
- Front end and back end testing frameworks
- CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Gulp, Webpack, or similar build toolkit
- Linters for code standardization
- Relational databases and writing SQL
- NGINX web server technology
- AWS or other cloud-based infrastructure
- IIS web server technology
- Non-framework server-side languages such as PHP and ASP Classic
- A great location with an ocean view in sunny downtown San Diego, near a lot of delicious food
Our hiring process is outlined below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. If declined you will be notified via email.
- Applicant resumes and code samples will be reviewed by the Development team
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview with SolidProfessor team members
- Selected candidates will be asked to complete a sample project and present their work to the development team
- An offer will be extended to the successful candidate
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Web Development: 5 years (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible