Ulobby is a B2B SaaS-platform which provides all the tools needed to monitor issues and stakeholders, manage activities, and gather political intelligence. Political regulation is becoming an increasing threat to organisations & companies globally as new legislation can shut down a business overnight.
Over the years, we have successfully been developing our technology and refining our products. We have progressed from a political monitoring tool to becoming a SaaS company providing critical infrastructure around handling political risk and stakeholder management. By combining data-driven political insights with intuitive digital tools for handling internal as well as external stakeholders, we provide companies and organisations across Europe with a sustainable competitive advantage.
Our vision is to strengthen democracy by opening up the political processes and enabling more people, companies, and organisations to influence the political agenda. Our mission is to develop tools for Public Affairs professionals, which make their daily tasks easier and make them superstars inside their organisations.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in software-as-a-service who are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces, have exquisite attention to detail, and enjoy learning new technologies and systems. You will work closely with a team of five developers, a product manager, and a user experience designer.
- Develop the backend for our software services for lobbyists. We pride ourselves of being the preferred platform for Public Affairs work.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems.
- Scaling of our system to users from all over the world and integrate our platform more deeply with parliamentary APIs.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
You might work on:
- Data mining – both from structured APIs and messy policy documents.
- Implementing the server side of a new push notification-system for our mobile app.
- Modeling the network of European politicians in our graph database.
- Designing and refactoring internal APIs to make sure different services integrate tightly, are easily maintainable, and run smoothly.
- Design a general API, that covers several data models, for visualisations and data navigation.
- Experience: You’ve done web development for 3+ years (not a hard requirement) with an MVC-type framework. Bonus points for JS experience.
- Team work: You’re used to working collaboratively; participating in code reviews and being a team player.
- Product-centric: You love solving hard technical challenges and producing clean code, but you also recognize that the product and the end-user’s experience is the most important thing. You need to care about the users and think beyond just the technical challenges.
- Self-directed: We’re a startup. We need someone who is comfortable taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion.
- Responsible: You hold yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems.
- Good judgment: You have the ability to handle sensitive customer data.
You will get:
- A vibrant working environment with highly committed colleagues
- An opportunity to be part of a growing startup
- An opportunity to set your mark on a new product in a new category
- A company that values results over fixed working hours
At Ulobby, we strive to make things simple, fast and transparent. Please send your résumé or LinkedIn profile. We will get back to you shortly.
If we see a fit, the process includes:
- Intro meeting with the team lead, where we will present Ulobby and the job, and you will introduce yourself and the challenge you are looking for.
- Interview with focus on how you solved a short and simple hypothetical case (small preparation work required)
- Potential culture-fit meetings with rest of founding team or external advisor
- Final interview with the founders
Other practical things
Place of work is remote (CET timezone +/- 2 hours, or in Copenhagen, Denmark)
Deadline for applications: 01.10.2020
For more information or questions please contact the hiring committee for the position using [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Ulobby does not accept unsolicited headhunters and agency resumes. Ulobby will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Ulobby.