Harbor Compliance is a fast-growth technology and compliance services company founded and headquartered in Lancaster, PA. At #370 on the 2018 Inc. 500, #546 on the 2019 Inc., #147 on the Deloitte 2019 Technology Fast 500, and growing strong, we’re looking for people who want to build the next global brand in Lancaster. If you’re a motivated self-starter who’s ready to roll up your sleeves and make an immediate impact, Harbor Compliance is the workplace for you.
Critical Job Tasks
- Independently design and implement new system components, following programming standards and best practices
- Test, troubleshoot, and implement bug fixes to correct or improve system functionality
- Based on project specifications and a knowledge of the codebase, design and implement automated test coverage for Quality Assurance
- Initiate conversations with suggestions for improvements to site functionality and coding standards, technical refactoring opportunities, etc.
- Contribute to furthering coding skills and applied business knowledge of other IT teammates
- Maintain a working knowledge of the complexities of our system, understanding when to escalate questions or concerns about component integration or issues with legacy code.
- Ability to independently navigate, understand, and debug complex code
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities, remain focused under pressure and work extended hours as required
- Utilize intellectual curiosity to identify and complete complex tasks
- Display strict attention to detail with the ability to accurately assess and diagnose work requests, and implement solutions within established estimated time-frames
- Results driven and self-motivated with emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
- Works independently, but also effectively teams with others as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years’ professional experience with back-end web development (including MVC). Experience in CakePHP, Laravel, or Symfony a huge plus!
- Familiarity with the LEMP stack
- BS in Computer Science or applicable experience
Location and Hours:
This is a full-time position at our Lancaster, PA office.
Harbor Compliance is an equal opportunity employer.